Wednesday 6 November 2013

Upcycled Yarn Creation

Hi Everyone,

One of the things I've been busy doing while away from blogland was attending regular arts and craft classes which allowed me to try many different crafts. In a future post I will share some of the craft projects I did with you.

Last week we revisited upcycling and worked with old t-shirts this time. I decided to create jersey yarn. Here are the steps I took to create my jersey yarn:








I was surprised by how much yarn I got from two half of t-shirts, 35'15" from the orange, yellow and pink combo and I got 38'10" from the green, blue and black combo. 

I couldn't wait to create something with my new upcycled jersey yarn, you can see what I have created here.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! You dyed it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I did dye it myself it's very simple process. I have a tutorial on how to make upcycled jeans yarn which is the same thing but I don't have a video of me dyeing yarn maybe I'll make one next year :)

      Delete

I would love to hear all your comments.